Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Smilily Baby

Megan is visiting and she said that she didn't know any secrets, so I told her one. It's something I've never told anyone. A few people who know me well might say, yes they could see that, if they knew the secret, but most people would say, that's not true. Maybe it's not true, but mostly it feels true. I hope she has fun keeping that secret. She's only keeping it until I die. I tried to talk her into keeping it until she died, but apparently that's not as much fun.

If it is possible for an eight month old to be jealous, that might account for all the smiles I've been getting from Caitlyn. It's as if she knows she has competition in the spoiling biz with Megan visiting. If I enter the room, she wants me. I am rewarded with huge smiles if I am any where in her sight line. I have only to wiggle my hands and she's mesmerized as if I have the most amazing toy in the world. This morning I finally accomplished making breakfast with Caitlyn in my arms--no small feat. So far she doesn't grab my diet coke. It's going to be a lot less fun when she starts doing that.

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home