Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Paradise has some flaws

So I'm up early in the morning, sitting on a balcony overlooking the Gulf of Mexico--beautiful beach, lovely breeze, comfortable temperature--perfect. But I'm sitting there worried about work. I left so much stuff on my desk that needs my attention and my class--left in a lurch. There was very poor cell phone reception and worse yet, my secretary was also out, so one secretary was helping me and three other attorneys. She was short on the phone and nothing I need done is getting done. Ugh. I need to be at work. Mitchell had just shared with us the night before that his business was in a lurch right now and he was anxious to be back there. But Angie made him come on vacation and insisted that they only bring one car, so that it would be impossible for him to leave early. He said if it gets bad, he's getting on a plane. So I'm thinking, if it gets bad, I'm getting on a plane. And then I think, why do I work? I work to make money to have a roof over my head (and lots of other heads) and to have stuff and to take vacations...

I look up at the gorgeous panarama view of the Gulf of Mexico--absolute paradise. So I philosophically reason that there are other attorneys in the world and it will not come to a sckreching halt if I am not there to read a contract. We do have other people who know how to read a contract at my firm. [Then Jim made me crazy by agreeing to something that I told opposing counsel I would not agree to. Ugh.]

2 Comments:

  • At June 21, 2006 at 5:33 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    Just remember, everyone should have a vacation at least once a year, else you'll drive yourself up the wall!

     
  • At June 23, 2006 at 1:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    hey Kathy, I laughed as I read this -- I'm so like that too! I haven't had a vacation in 4 1/2 yeas!! But Monica (whoever she is) is right, we should all take a vacation at least once a year. I always find that when I get back, nothing much happened without me! lol! But I really do need one..... soon! Sheryl

     

Post a Comment

<< Home