Procrastination (But I Digress)

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Defrost

I finally defrosted the little fridge in my office--it had about six years of ice built up and it was dripping on my food (ice migrated into fridge area and melted). There was water everywhere--it was just as awful a job as I thought it would be, but it's done now. I feel so much better. It makes me want to clean the entire office. Just purge and really spruce things up. Of course I need to wait for all the water in the carpet to dry before I can move my desk mat back.

Adrienne and Erika have ice makers at work. I want an ice maker. I can make 8 tiny ice cubes in my little fridge--they last about five minutes. Our office fridge doesn't have an ice maker unless you count me--filling up ice cube trays sideways with sparkletts about six times a day. (Ok, we only have four trays, so logically it is only four times a day--it feels like more.)

In other news (yes, defrosting my little fridge counts as news), Marisa and Caitlyn are in Minnesota. They had a three hour lay over between flights, but apparently a relative on that side of the family had a lay over in the same airport at the same time and was there to help Ris. It is this a great country or what. Her calls to Adrienne indicate that all is well. In still other news, Adam turns 16 in five days. I can't hardly believe it. He has facial hair and looks over my head all the time saying, where's Kathy?

On the house front, termites and toilets down, trim and mold to go. Ops, I forgot about the dryer. And it's time for girl scout incentives--just my luck, Marisa is out of town.

4 Comments:

  • At May 21, 2006 at 5:55 PM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    My "office" method of defrosting the freezer consists of emptying out anything that I cared about and taking it home, throwing out everything else, lining the floor with newspapers and shutting off the whole thing over a weekend. By the time I got in on Monday the papers were jsut a little damp and I threw them all away.

    I have no idea what "sideways with sparkletts" means.

    I can just see Adam looking over your head, that is too funny.

     
  • At May 22, 2006 at 9:32 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    The sparkletts water nozle is very close to the unit and there is not enough room side to side to hold the ice cube tray under it, so you have to angle it away from the nozle and let the water flow lenghtwise down the tray without spilling. It is an art, to get just enough water for nice full cubes and not too much so that it spills. I am such an artist.

     
  • At May 24, 2006 at 12:10 PM, Blogger Tim B. said…

    Hi, Mr. Practical here.

    Does your office have an ice machine SOMEWHERE? I used to carry thermos jug of iced tea (sugar free) in to the office. No good without ice. But I kept one of those small "packer" coolers (Igloo?) in my office and at the beginning of the day would fill it at the ice machine. It lasted all day and I had tea whenever I wanted. Next day, pour out water and get more ice.

    Just a thought.

     
  • At May 24, 2006 at 2:02 PM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    Nope, me making ice cubes is the ice machine. I'm only 20 steps from the kitchen, so that's my minimal exercise I wouldn't want to lose. Thanks for the thought.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home