Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Powering Through

"Complications" the scariest word in the English language. When Marisa told me that there were complications in Adam's surgery, I was a tad beside myself and I haven't been back since. After leaving the hospital on Friday, I decided that painting was what I needed to set me right. I prepped and painted the third wall. On Saturday, I just couldn't get off the dime. I ran errands, went to work, slowly started prepping the last wall, worked the booth for ABWA, putsed (sound it out, I have no idea how to spell it) around, visited Adam, more prep, but no painting. On Sunday, more prepping in the morning, visited Mary, visited Adam and then it was time to power through painting. Four hours later (yes, four with a capital F, that is a four letter word by the way and it starts with an F), I finally finished the fourth wall. My arm was killing me. I felt like that kid in Karate Kid, paint the fence. Last night I took off the tape. The molding looks fine with pink splaters all over it. I don't think I need to paint the molding.
When I forget the pain from my arm, I'll get started on Caitlyn's guest room. Four more walls to go. No end in sight.

Adam's still in pain and he's not out of bed yet, but he's on the mend. Logically, it's a matter of days til he's ready to come home, but it seems like a long haul. Four more walls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home