Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Bears and Points and Monsters, oh my.

Well I gave the guy walks into a bar speech and it went over well. The evaluator said that I should be a stand up comic, but I'm not quiting my day job. I didn't win best speech, again, but the best speech was really excellant and very funny.

Art told us about his trip to Yosemite. The first night they were woken up by a mouse and spent the whole night searching the cabin to get rid of the mouse. They were exhausted. The second day a squirrel took a big bag of halloween individually wrapped candy, skittles and m&m's off the table right in front of them and took it under their cabin where they couldn't reach it. At the time they thought it was hillarious, but that night all the squirrels in Yosemite valley were under their cabin fighting over the candy. And they heard all the endless ripping, of the squirrels opening all the individually wrapped packages. Then the sugar high kicked in. A second night of no sleep.

Their last night, they were awoken in the middle of the night by a bear going through the trash can outside their cabin. Art says he woke up and in his fright of the bear less than 10 feet from his open window he yanked the curtians shut as though that was going to keep him safe from the bear. Someone screamed and the bear ran away, but then the ranger came and they had to fill out a report. Sleepless in Yosemite.

In other news, I'm trying out weigh watchers. I'm inching back up (literally--at Curves we measure every month and I've gained an inch at every measuring point), so it's time to try something new. I like points a lot better than counting calories, but points feels like I'm rounding up, since I can do calories in my head. That's probably a good thing. My points allowance and the calorie counting that I had used in the past are roughly similar, but in a few weeks, I get extra points for exercise, so hopefully chocolate cake will motivate me to exercise more. Once you reach your goal and keep it for a period of time, they offer you a chance to work as a coach. Public speaking about a topic I'm extremely familiar and gung ho about. That looks promising.

Ris and Caitlyn moved back and filled up our house again and Adam is back at the dreaded High School. He claims that he hates it, but so far it is a general hate of the concept and not any particular class or teacher that he doesn't like. He's taking photography this semester and they are going to use a film camera. I don't get it. With all the advances in digital, why would anyone go back to film. He's also taking ceramics (all art electives) and one of the first projects is a dragon or monster. I still have the dragon that Ris made me, so I've put in my request for a monster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home