Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, September 22, 2006

Reeses Peanut Butter Cups

I just read Lyle's blog about the self indulgence study which promotes engaging in self indulgence to live a happier life while not promoting "catastrophic" indulgence such as drunk driving and having an affair. As always, my first thought is "what about me?" I don't drink (I don't like the taste) and no affairs with married men have ever been remotely offered me. What would a "catastophic" indulgence look like to me. And then I remembered the package of reeses peanut butter cups that I bought yesterday. Why, why, why would I buy them when I know that they are my siren, my downfall, my "catastophic" indulgence. I'm already failing miserably at keeping up my good habits for weight lose. Ultimately it will be fine--the bag is almost empty now and I know I'm not ever going to buy them again.

4 Comments:

  • At September 22, 2006 at 11:03 AM, Blogger Adrienne said…

    OMG! While I was working the Football game last week someone asked if we had Resse's. Since then I have been craving them. I finally broke down and bought a package at the store the other day and they sat in the kitchen for 2 days before I broke down and ate them yesterday. They tasted so badly, I don't know if it was a bad package or just because I have not had any candy type items in so long (yes Sean, no PBMMs for almost 6 months!) that I just don't have the taste for it anymore. Maybe I should go buy another package and try it, I really shouldn't give up on them so easily. Or not.

     
  • At September 23, 2006 at 11:08 AM, Blogger Sean M. said…

    I too am a sucker for Reeses, just as much so as the PB M&Ms. But, since the M&Ms come with more in the packages, I get them usually! I think if you looked in my dorm room trash can you would find 6 or 7 wrappers in there from the past two weeks...AHHHH!!!! I'm addicted! Although, before I came back to school, I probably hadn't had any for four months. Hmm...

     
  • At September 24, 2006 at 11:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    LOL kathy! You are such a great writer

     
  • At September 25, 2006 at 3:12 PM, Blogger Marcel said…

    Alright, no offers from "married men", is that the extent of possible affairs? Also, Adrienne's problem is now solved but she too must look further for a catastraphe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home