Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Sting of Defeat

I felt for Venus losing to someone I'd never seen before. Then this morning Fed loses to Berdych. I've seen Berdych before and he's a solid player, but I've never seen him win, much less handle Federer so easily. So lots of upsets in the quarters--Kim, oh that one was sad.

Now that I've actually seen the Kvitova/Kanepi match, I do know Kvitova. That is one determined woman. Good luck Serena. On the other side, I of course like Zvonareva who was 5th seed before an injury and moving back up the rankings with a bullet.

Murray has dispatched Tsonga, but I like Nadal's chances against Murray in the Semi Final. Since I've seen little of Berdych in all these years I've known his name, I have to go with Djok in that match, but for Nadal's sake, I'll root for Berdych. (The guys on NPR couldn't pronouce his name--very sad.)

The grass is getting hard. The commentators are saying that the field is playing like a hard court. Too bad that Roddick is out. He's great on hard court.

Venus and Serena lost in doubles today, but I hope for the sake of sisterhood that Venus sticks around to be there for Serena winning the whole thing again. I'm pretty confident that Uncle Tony (Nadal's uncle and coach) will be there for Nadal winning the whole thing and then I want Nadal to get very fit over the summer to finally get that US Open win. Federer has fallen in two majors--this is the year that Nadal goes the distance.

The women's side is also becoming wide open. A one hit wonder takes the French and three relatively unknowns are in the Semi-finals at Wimbledon. It's the end of the world as we know it.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home