Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Applications The Wonder

I was recently in the AT&T store and I complained that I could never find all these wonderful applications for the iphone that everyone was so crazy about. Sure I have scrabble (that I can even play on facebook from my phone) and I have spider solitare (very addictive--puts me right to sleep at night when I play until my eyes won't stay open anymore) and I have a budget program that is useless and a map application that is magic and wonderful and a compass and google earth--that's kind of fun and e-mail and an app that looks like a pad of paper to take notes on and my calender and an ipod and .... Let's face it, they had me at hello, but of course I want more. Why can't I have books I want to read on ereader--why can't I have yatzee.

Turns out I can have yahtzee--I just need to know how to spell. And it turns out there are books for sale on fictionwise that I like, I just need to shop now and again. I have one now and I am loving it on the iphone, except my battery is running low more and I am distracted by how often I am flipping the pages (because I read too fast and the page is so small).

Spelling--what a pain. I wonder if they have an app for that?

I recently looked into the power mac--you just put your devise on a pad and it charges by remote. You have to have a receiver and they don't make receivers for all the devises yet. At first I thought what a waste, I only have the one devise to charge--my iphone. But now I'm thinking, I could have the pad at the office and my iphone could live on the charger at the office and I'd never have to worry about remembering cords and running out of a charge again while I play with all the wonderful applications. Now it is looking so much better. Food for thought.

3 Comments:

  • At October 22, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Blogger Marcel said…

    After reading that blog I realize how simple my life is compared to yours. I have none of those things, would not use them if I had them. I suddenly feel the breath of my sister Rita on my neck because I want her to get a computer and she responds with: "I don't need it."

     
  • At October 22, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Blogger John Beauregard said…

    It's hard to believe you can't find a spell check app. You remind me of what Will Rogers is credited with saying: "I never trust a man that can only spell a word one way"

     
  • At October 23, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    Spell check app--genius (sp??)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home