Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ohhh, Del Potro

And I missed it. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Me. It is my fault that I didn't consider that CBS would not show the match live in the pacific standard zone. It is my fault that I only set the tivo for five hours and not ten (just in case). I even got home early, but I was so careful not to turn on the tv to see the score of the match on CBS until after I watched the doubles match that I had on tivo from espn2. Venus and Serena won--yeah!

Then I switched over to the tivo for the singles. By now, it wasn't taping and when I turned on CBS, it was over. So I watched the tivo for the men's final. Del Potro looked like he just could not catch a break. Federer owned him in the first set and seemed well on his way to taking the second up a break at 3 to 2. And then the tape ran out and it was over. Oh well, poor Del Potro ran out of gas at the final. Federer has never lost a match where he won the first set. The final rarely goes to five sets. Then I went onto the web cite to see the final score.

Luckily, the webcite had video highlights for each set, omg, it was just like the match against Nadal--Del Potro doesn't look like he's winning, but suddenly he's broken serve. The second set went to a tie breaker, so Federer barely lost. Federer won the third set and that means that Del Potro was behind the eight ball all through the fourth and pulled that out in a tie breaker. Heart break for Federer who apparently folded in the fifth. Of course, this is all conjector on my part, because I missed it.

Oh well, maybe next year I'll learn how to tape.

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIKA and STEPHANIE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home