Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, August 24, 2009

The Hard Court

The summer series is almost done and we've had some amazing tennis so far. I have to say that I like my tennis much better from the comfort of my living room than the stands in the heat and sun. Poor Roddick towels off and his hat is still dripping in sweat. Even Roger's shirt is glued to him.

My tivo has been more reliable this season, so that is very good, although I must say that I get a little curious about the comercials that I fast forward through and every once in a while, I'll hit play during a comercial just to satisfy my curiosity. Sometimes if I don't like a player or the game is slow, I'll just fast forward throught the game watching the score change in the upper corner. Unfortunately CBS is on to me and they have the score down at the bottem under the fast forward bar.

My Nadal is not playing his best, but he's still pretty exciting to watch. I've never liked Novak, so I have to go for Roger when they play, but anyone else plays Roger (well not anyone, but any one of my guys), then I'm against Roger. I don't want to like Del Potro because he beat Roddick, but he is a pretty great player and it's not like I really believe that Roddick could beat Roger or Nadal. Del Potro is pretty young, so he's got a great shot.

On the women's side, I still like Janovic--to me she's the most dynamic one out there along with Dani Safina, but they are both so unpredicable. Of course, Venus is still my favorite and I love seeing Sarina play too. Although I admire Maria, I was really happy to see Elena Dementiava play so well the last few weeks. I would love to see her advance well at the Open.

Since I have so many favorites, the first week of the U.S. Open should be great--I haven't seen the draw, but I doubt my fav's will meet early. After that I'll have some tough choices for whom to root for. I guess since I'm in my own living room I could root for both of them, but I hate to mess with karma that way.

The hard courts are fast and hot--only one more week to go until the U.S. Open.

1 Comments:

  • At August 28, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Blogger Sean M. said…

    I'm looking forward to the U.S. Open too, but also to your commentary on the whole thing. I wish we had a Tivo, since I'm sure I will miss most of the matches.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home