Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, June 26, 2009

The Grass

I have had a house full of people, so I taped Wimbleton and watched the first several days in the last two nights. The grass was really green and slippery on the first days, but yesterday--not so much any more. It was dust at the base line--next week it will be awful.

Nadal pulled out due to an injury. I think that is better than watching him lose. Hewitt is on a tear--beating Del Potro last night in straight sets. There were some commentators who felt that Del Potro was playing so well, he would break through to the semi's at Wimbleton--not so. Roddick is playing well and I'll look for him to go farther and Murray is a favorite too. But we all know that Fed owns the show.

On the women's side, Sharapova is out early--I don't think she has recovered from her last injury. Hopefully Jankovic will go farther and I like Petrova and Kunznesova (I can't spell that) but my heart belongs to Venus and Serena--all have a great chance. The field is very level. I do hope that Dani Safina does well--she always looks like a spoiled child ready to cry, but she is a very dynamic player.

I haven't checked the internet today--I'm waiting until later tonight when I'll be able to watch the tivo from today. I'm busy this whole weekend, so it is late night with tivo for me for a while. Since there's no Nadal, I'm kind of already looking forward to the US Open and we're not even done with Wimbleton yet. Oh well.

3 Comments:

  • At June 29, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Blogger Sean M. said…

    Are you watching these people go nuts over the roof over Centre Court? Amazing...

     
  • At June 29, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Blogger Marcel said…

    The Sharapova loss was close even though she could not run well. It was most entertaining since it appeared that Sharapova could pull it out. I must admit that her scream on each hit is annoying, can't she just play and shut up?

    Roddick is playing very well, that means his first serve is coming in at a high percentage. He has more aces than any other player.

     
  • At June 29, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    I like the roof, but it sounds like a building with an indoor pool. I hope they use it sparingly.

    Unfortunely I've watched most of my tennis through fast forward on tivo, since I've been occupied with lots of stuff this week, but hopefully I'll see the balance of the tournament in full.

    I actually listened to the end of the Murray match on radio--it is not the same. I guess if you play tennis then you would understand what they were saying.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home