Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, October 19, 2009

Fifty Going On 100

I've only been 50 years old for four or five months, but I feel 100 years old. I had to move some boxes in my office and you'd think I was having a heart attack, I got so weak. Measley boxes should not wind me. Yesterday I walked my mile up hill to the park that I walk every Sunday. For the first time, I was so winded that I didn't think I could make it. WT...

I really did not like turning 50, let me tell you. I was opposed to the whole thing. 49 sounded old, sure, but 50, that was unbelieveable. Then I was 50 and the world did not come to an end or anything dramatic. So I started to think--hey, this isn't so bad. I can be 50. No problem--you're only as old as you feel.

So now that I feel 100, what am I supposed to do? [Don't say eat vegetables. Say eat Chocolate Cake--I could stand being 100 if I got to eat Chocolate Cake all day.]

1 Comments:

  • At October 22, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Blogger John Beauregard said…

    I know how you feel. I worked in an office till I retired at 63 at which point I felt like I was 100 (always tired). I was on 4 different medications. Lack of exercise, getting up early, working late, eating out, traveling, drinking Cokes takes its toll on a body. If you make it to retirement you will have more time for sleep, exercise and eating right. I feel as good now as I did in my 30s and take only one medication. Hang in there. The best is yet to come.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home