Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

How Many Things Can We Pile On ...

"to the outcome of this case." is a line from "My Cousin Vinny." I think in movie quotes a lot, which I think officially means that I need to get a life, but really, I'm way too busy.

I have a lot piled into this week and this is supposed to be the easy week after convention. I should be done with Kiwanis, but I still have a final finacial report and some left over awards. I should be done with ABWA, but I still have to prepare for the audit, remind everyone to buy their Sees candy, get a date and place for our Winter social, get a date and a place for the Fashion show, get a place for Associates Night and make that blood oath not to volunteer for anything else.

Two more years of PTA and I am counting the days. I only have two homes for the tour, but I just got a list of 20 more homes. I'm getting so desparate that I'm going to ask them to be on the tour without seeing their home--this is dangerous. I can't line up the florists until I have the homes and I can print the tickets until I have the homes and the florists and the art work and we haven't even set the price yet. I'm in trouble.

There's good news in Girl Scout cookies--I don't have to train the leaders--they are taking care of that at council (and I'll have to be careful not to answer the phone so that I'm not the person from council doing the training). They are going to a web based record keeping system, so they said it will be 95% paperless. Yea!

I did my touching speech last night for Toastmasters (sorry Timmy--I didn' use yours--I went with my weepy one and didn't die). I haven't signed up for anything else at Toastmasters, but I know that it's only a matter of time.

It's election time, but I get a hundred dollars (woopee), so I can't count all the work to get ready for that and I have a ton of work to do for the class I teach, but that doesn't count, because I get paid a whoppin $27 for each classroom hour--nothing for all the prep time. But the 10 kids I have this semester are totally worth it--I'm having a great time. We watched 12 Angry Men yesterday and one girl asked why aren't there any women on the jury. I tried to explain the historical nature of the film and caught myself--there were no women on juries in the 30's and 40's--what's the deal with that, but I digress.

And then there's my real job. I won my trial a few months ago and I'm in the middle of two appeals (really three, but we haven't started yet), so that's kind of fun. Otherwise, it is not nearly as glam as I try to make it sound for my students. Oh well. Nora Robers has a new book out and I'm anxiously awaiting a free moment to read it. I haven't had the roof checked, or the heaters, or the electric and I'm out of money so we're going with defered maintenance for a while.

Caitlyn is a card and a half--it is amazing that one very short little person takes up a whole house and then some and not just in stuff. She's starting to walk alot and pretty fast too. She wants to take in everything, but always gravitates to the dog's bowl in the kitchen--go figure. She is absolutely fasinated by the ice maker. When she hears it, her head pops up and she makes a beeline for it. When I hold her and get ice--her eyes light up with such excitement. She's started by the noice, but too excited to look away. She is such a card.

Speaking of cards, it's almost time for Christmas cards and I have nothing this year. Ris gave me a catalog to order them this year and I have to say I was very tempted, but I know they cost too much. And Mel's moving--no fair. She's giving Adam her little fridge--we'll have to see how that goes. I hope he doesn't turn into Jerry and become a hermit in his room--we'll never see him again.

Well I was going to tell my touching weepy speech in this blog, but I'm out of time. It was so weepy, that I never did finish writing it, but interested viewers can make a request by e-mail and I'll try to type out the last few lines and attach it. It was called the greatest gift I ever got and it was about Karl. I have to finish it and polish it up. I won the best speech, but how could they not vote for me up there weeping.

My fax that I've been waiting for all week is here--back to work!

1 Comments:

  • At October 5, 2006 at 6:42 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    You know we need to see the speech now. Next time have them video tape you and put it up on YouTube.

    I am glad the class is going good. Twelve Angry Men is a great movie to watch.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home