Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, July 09, 2010

500

I've been re-reading my old blogs and have really enjoyed it. Kind of like my favorite joke: A good leader is a good listener. I'd make a great leader, because I could listen to myself all day. But I digress.

This is the 500th blog that I've done (I'm not sure if that includes drafts). I haven't had a cute litte kid to follow for six years with great pictures or product endorsements and quite frankly with a few exceptions, I really try to stay away from politics. Most of my blogs are completely and unapoligetically about me, me, me. But some are about events and as I've read over previous blogs, I am grateful for the forum to remember the events and my reactions and feeling about them.

I was watching that Julie and Julia movie again recently about a writer who blogged about cooking her way through Julia Childs cookbook. That is an interesting concept. Take a goal and write out the progress. And my earlier blogs did track my weight lose and my later blogs tracked gaining it all back. I think I need a new goal--that one is getting stale. I heard a speaker one time that climbed Mt. Everest. But the whole time I listened to her, all I could think of was Why on earth would you want to do that? Now as I sit groping around for a goal, I realize, why not? It doesn't matter what the goal is, except that it has to be unusual to you and not something easily attained. It isn't brave, if you are not scared.

So happy 500th blog--here's to the next 500 on ... My kingdom for a topic. To be continued...

3 Comments:

  • At July 9, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Blogger Marcel said…

    How did you find out that there are 500 blogs, is there some place they are totaled? In any event, it is a great milestone, congratulations.

    I have never gone back to read my blogs except for those that are recent to look for any comments. Sometimes I am inspired to add another comment and then it ends.

    In going back did you find any that you now have a different opinion about?

     
  • At July 9, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    No, not that I noticed. I just really enjoyed having that travel log so to speak. I bet that Erika knows the feeling--she had every day in the life of Jackson. That has to be so wonderful to go back through.

    When I go to post a blog, it states the number next to the box that I click on for a new blog.

     
  • At July 9, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Blogger Sean M. said…

    Congratulations on your 500th blog post! Looks like I have only posted 149, but that means I have a sort-of milestone coming up the next time I post!

    Looking forward to the next 500 blogs, as I can never have enough digressions and stories about you you you; it's just that good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home