Procrastination (But I Digress)

Saturday, January 19, 2008

tipsarevic

That's the only way I'll remember his name. I stayed up til past 2 a.m. watching the Fedder match--a five setter--Tipsarevic was absolutely fearless. I found myself really hating him and rooting for Fedder with gusto. I've never liked Roger and so at the end of the day I was expecting to be shot. Like in "1984" when he finally wanted the state to win and cared about it, then they could kill him. How ironic--convincing the individual is everything and one person is nothing less than nothing.

Anyway...Venus Williams was supposed to play after that and then Hewitt vs. Bagdagis--so I could hardly wait to wake up to see more tennis. They are replaying the five hour Fedder match. I have to wait though a match I've already seen and I'm afraid to watch the news or go on line, because I don't want to know the outcome before I see the match, but I have no idea if they'll actually air the match at all. Pins and needles.

I'm still sick, so I can't do anything. I can't think of anything that I want to do except maybe take in a movie, but all this coughing would be very distracting. Too bad there's no good tennis on for another couple of hours.

3 Comments:

  • At January 20, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kathy, your Uncle Marcel heard that rubbing Vick's vaporub on the bottoms of your feet at night before going to bed, socks on of course to preserve bed linen, will do the trick. It's an old wives tail, but who knows, it just may help with your cough.

    Aunt Pat

     
  • At January 21, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Blogger Marcel said…

    Hay, I saw the last portion of that match and Federer put him away nicely. I was amazed when they talked about the match and how close it was. So I guess I missed where the challenger was doing well. Strange name.

     
  • At January 22, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Blogger Tim B. said…

    I believe Federer prefers Vick's Vaporub on the soles of his feet at bedtime too...and he puts on tennis socks. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home