Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Newsletter Formula fails me in 2007

So Thanksgiving was early, giving me a false sense of having more time. It is already the 4th and I haven't done my Christmas cards. They are supposed to be mailed by the 10th, but I don't think I will make it this year.

I have finished my Christmas letter, but now that it's printed I realize that I am missing so much. I usually open the previous year's letter and fill in new information along those same lines, such that it has now turned into a formula: Home, Work, Clubs and Community Service, and Family. Sometimes I fill in travel, but this year my travel was really spread out--Vegas with the family, PTA convention in Sacramento, ABWA conference in North Carolina, business trip to South Carolina, Wedding in NY with family, road trip to San Francisco with Adam. I think that might be a record or something.

And then there was tennis. I have really had a fun filled tennis fix this year. With all the time for trips and weeks off for tennis, I'm surprised that I got any work done, but when I sit and look at my calender--I've had a really busy year of litigation too. The formula just cannot fit such a really full year. Births and deaths and weddings and funerals (one of my clients died in a freak car accident--so unexpected.) I'm either having an extraordinary year or else, I'm usually more obtuse. I have to finish my Christmas cards, so I don't have time to figure it out.

Merry Christmas to my blogging audience--if you don't get my Christmas newsletter, don't worry--it's nothing I haven't said in my blog--it's not even a good reader's digest version.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home