Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Bite Size Law

I read the directions for my speech project and ice did not work, so I fell back on the law. As I suspected it was too long for the format, but I improvised and cut it short. I need to develope a plan to give speeches about law in short tiny segments. My speech was about real property lingo, but it was hard to know what the general public knew and didn't know. I thought it was all really basic, but afterwards people indicated it was all new to them. This opens up many subjects, but can I pack any of them into 5 to 7 minutes?

I think I'll tackle abortion next--that's a challenge. Everyone has an opinion, but do they really stop and think about the basis for their opinion or do they just go with their gut? Can I spell out basic premises in 5 to 7 minutes (and not express my opinion)? I want to come up with a way to present the issue, because it comes up in my law class, but I want the kids to make up their own mind after really examining the legal issue. Very ambitious. I think I'd rather go back to ice.

1 Comments:

  • At October 12, 2007 at 5:05 PM, Blogger Marcel said…

    5 to 7 minutes is not a long time and it takes much preparation to do it well. Talking for about an hour takes less time to prepare, and only an outline is needed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home