Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, September 14, 2007

Count Your Blessings

I read an article last night about a new book called "Secrets" and the article said decribed what I learned in high school about the theory of prayer--thank God for what you have, then thank God for what you want as though you have already received it, etc. The lady writing the article was plenty sceptical of the book, but she gave it a try and came up with three wishes. She visualized and said thank you and banished negative energy and built up positive energy. At the end of two weeks, she hadn't gotten a single one of her wishes despite a valiant effort. However, when she sat down to count her blessings, she realized that she had much more than she realized and what she had was better than her wishes.

So it's friday morning--I have a bunch of crap to do at work--I'm already late--I'm working the concession stand tonight, so that's hours on my feet--a long time before I can go home and relax--I'm dragging myself to the car and from the car to the office, when I think 'why don't I try to count my blessings." I have the best job in the world--I'm the boss. I do my work on my own schedule. I can come in at 10 a.m. and no one is going to even raise an eyebrow--they're happy I showed up at all. I'm teaching a class again this semester and the kids are great. Caitlyn just came by to say hi--she is soo cute. I have a new regular doctor and I think I like her. I actually went to the gym this morning--today is the first day of the rest of my good intentions. And it's Friday--that's chocolate chip cookie day. What a great day!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home