Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Beware of Walter Drake

We're getting Mary's mail at my house now. Mary gets a lot of catalogs. A LOT. I made a comment about how many last week and Adrienne said that I have no idea how many she throws away before I even get the mail. That reminded me that I have to throw catalogs away immediately because otherwise I am tempted to look and then I want stuff. When we cleaned out Mary's house we found a lot of cool stuff--so much that 20 people could never use all the cool stuff that they had.

Today I came home for lunch and I didn't have anything to read. I opened the Walter Drake catalog. I looked. Pretty soon I was starting a list. Then I turned the page over and then I started a third page. This is ridiculous I thought. I'll cross out stuff I really don't want. Nothing got crossed off. Ok, I'll cross off stuff I really don't need--well I can live without all of it--that doesn't help. Ok, I'll add it up and stick to a budget. It's a lot, much more than I want to spend, but what do I take off the list?

Finally I decided that if I wanted all these wonderful things that I would have to go to an actual store and find them. The leg work will be good exercise. Yeah, I'm not getting anything. I know me. I really ought to be more careful to throw those catalogs away before I open them.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home