Procrastination (But I Digress)

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Adrienne and I went to see Georgia Rule on Friday. It was really good, but it made me realize that I haven't liked many movies lately. It used to be that there was always something out that I wanted to see or rent or buy. No more. Music and Lyrics was mildly amusing and it is out of dvd, but I have no interest in seeing it again. We saw about 10 previews before the movie on Friday and there were a few that I wouldn't hate, but many seemed off the wall. That makes me feel old, but it also makes me glad for the younger generation. I'm happy that they are getting uniqueness even if I wouldn't want to see it.

Lately it is commercials that make me the happiest. I don't know if the copyright has expired or if Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney have had to sell the Beatles library, because more and more commercials are using their songs and I love them. Somehow they sound so much better in the commercial than my popping in a cd. I have no idea why. I sure hope that the kids like them as much as I do, so that they will keep playing them.

I only read two books on my trip last week--that's really slipping for me. I don't read hardly at all anymore. I just can't figure out what I am doing with all my time. It could be my eyes--I was working on a brief yesterday and I looked up cases, but I couldn't make my eyes focus enough to read the citation. That was scary. I need that citation. Luckily with a whole lot of squinting, I finally made it out. I'll get a magnifying glass for the office, but it probably makes more sense to go to the eye doctor. It's always something.

I'm almost out of girl scout cookies--PTA monday gets my last loose boxes and Council gets the left overs after that. The post office did a food drive and so I was able to put out the extra full cases I had for them. That was much easier than finding the local food bank which is hidden and not open regular hours. I'm on the nominating committee for ABWA--that's a little scary. It's hard to say no when it's your job to fill a slate. The Kiwanis fundraiser is all over and went ok without me. Next its the picnic, but I don't have to start planning that for a while. I think this is my last semester teaching--this class really wears me out. They don't want to be there and after ten minutes, me neither. I'm doing what I can to make it interesting and relevant, but there are certian required things, so there's only so much I can do. I need a joke for Toastmasters--the subject is Mother's Day.

Well Mom that's the mundane on this side of the country--how's everything with you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home