Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Tennis Anyone

Well I was very disappointed at how little tennis we got to see from the French Open, but Wimbleton has much better television coverage (if not for all the rain delays)--sometimes I got to see the same matches over and over, but they were still good. So being in a tennis frame of mind, I went on line to see if the US Open series was going to be in LA--it is and now I am the owner of tickets to all of the matches for the Men's at UCLA and Women's at Cal State Dominges Hills. I have appointments and court dates some of the days, but I figure I'll go to everything I can make. I got my tickets in the middle of the court so that I could see both sides. As I was giving my credit card info, the lady said something about ping pong head, but I let it pass. Then I watched to see how the matches are televised--they show it all from end to end--not from the middle. My neck is going to be sore, but I think that I'll still love it.

They tried to sell me "club" membership at the Women's series--I would get invited to a vip party and get to go to the club house box during the matches for an additional $150. I don't know if I want to actually meet the tennis players at a party and have to have something intelligent to say to them and I didn't think it was worth $150 to get into the club house box to buy water, when I could go to the tennis village for the same thing. Then the lady said something about people liking to get out of the sun and sit in the box between matches. I may regret not investing that additional $150. However, I am willing to bet that some enterprising person is going to try to sell me a big goofy hat to keep the sun off and then I'll have a big goofy souvenier after the tennis is over.

Venus and Nadal all the way!

3 Comments:

  • At July 6, 2007 at 7:13 AM, Blogger paulette said…

    No way... I am so jelouse. Jelouse and happy for you at the same time. Happy that you are able to do this before you reach an age when you need Adam and Marisa go push you in a wheelchair.

     
  • At July 6, 2007 at 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will be looking in the stands for you. Let me get this straight: you will not be wearing a hat, there will be no umbrella, your hair will not be teased to cover your face from the sun, you should be easy to spot.

     
  • At July 19, 2007 at 10:09 PM, Blogger Sean M. said…

    Yeah, I'm excited for you too. I'll have to look into whether or not they will be up in Cincinnati while I'm back at school. Don't they make a stop there at some point?

    Well, I was watching Wimbledon too, and I was disappointed that Nadal didn't win. I guess Federer deserved it, but I was hoping someone else would win it. Oh well, I'll be looking forward to another Federer/Nadal final here in the U.S. of A.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home