Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, December 21, 2007

"If you feel an overwhelming urge to gamble

contact your doctor." That was a tag line on a drug commercial. An overwhelming urge to gamble is a medical condition? And yet it struck a cord with me. This week I started my diet again for the 100th time this year and it worked (well so far anyway). Normally there is a very loud voice in my head saying EAT POTATO CHIPS NOW. This week I nudged that urge the way you pick at a sore and it wasn't there. I was under stress to finish a project and I told myself, it would be ok to get a snack and yet, I really didn't care, so I didn't have one.

Granted I've been colossally busy and to lots of parties that didn't serve anything that I would eat, but still, that loud, obnoxious EAT, EAT, EAT has been really quiet this week. A chemical imbalance? Balance? I would take that drug.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home