Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

"You Have A Cold"

That is my latest diagnosis. I have a cold. For nine weeks??? The doctor's theory is that I am just getting successive colds and that each one hits and weakens my immune system so I am even more likely to get another one. Doesn't make much sense unless something else is attacking my immune system, but hey, she went to medical school, not me. I've had blood tests, test for whopping cough (really not fun), x-rays--she's looked up my nose, down my throat--I've had my blood pressure and pulse and weight checked a lot. So I have a cold. It is getting worse, not better. I'm taking vitamin C.

On the bright side, I did get out of going to the dentist--didn't want to risk coughing on him. I'm just thinking of his well being. I'm very selfis..less that way. Always thinking about others and never taking care of myself--maybe I should go to Hawaii early to recover from my cold. That sounds really prudent in my present state.

2 Comments:

  • At March 5, 2011 at 7:38 AM, Blogger John Beauregard said…

    The same thing happens to me. Sometimes I get a cold that lasts 3 to 6 months. My doctor blames it on nasal polyps in my left nostril increasing my vulnerability. When it comes to colds I don't think doctors know much.

     
  • At March 11, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Blogger Marcel said…

    John,
    How very true about doctor's not knowing much about colds. An aware grandmother is capable of doing as much for you as any doctor when it comes to colds.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home