Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Plans

Did you ever have so much to do that you didn't know what to do first. Happens to me all the time, but here's the twist this year--I've had a horrendous cold, so I couldn't do anything. I've put off things for clients, I've put off making phone calls, I've put off just about everything. I'm still a little fuzzy, but I'm back to work and now I have to figure out what to do first (and second, etc.). I tried to make a list, but it was soooo long. So I'm just sitting here doing nothing. To be fair, I'm still fuzzy, but how long can I rely on that excuse.

I hear about snow storms and floods and wonder how people get their work done and then I have this cold that stops me in my tracks and it makes more sense.

I only have one meeting tomorrow and then three on Friday. I think I'm going to just prepare for those meetings and then the one on Monday and hope that everything else falls into place.

Everyone (well two people particularly put out by my absence) wanted to know if I'd had a flu shot. No, but I promised them, next year for sure. Also, I advised my nephew to eat regular meals and get enough sleep at night and then I though--gee, good advice for me too.

The good thing about having a terrible cold (and not wanting to eat much because it threatens to come back out) is that I haven't had any junk food this year. No potato chips. Zip. I did eat a little donut (and it came right back out at me) and today I ate a cupcake. It was really good, but I view it as a minor step backwards. When I was on my famous (in my mind anyway) diet, I didn't have any terrible colds, so it sounds like a good plan to avoid colds in the future. And I joined weight watchers (again). They have this new thing that fruits and vegetibles (except for potatoes and avacados) are free--no points--eat as much as you like. Not that I like any of them, but it sounds like a good plan. Monday I ate grapes instead of a snack. Ok, they were really sour and I didn't like them much, but I didn't eat chips, so it's a win. I also have some bananas at home waiting for a sweets craving (the cupcake caught me in the car, so ...). We'll see.

Every year my standard resolution is to get organized. Clear out the junk, clean, get organized. So in my head, that's still a good plan, but the reality is that I have to catch up to normal before I go getting lofty extraordinary plans like that. One meeting tomorrow and three on Friday. The rest will just have to fall into place, at least until I stop being so fuzzy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home