Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cloudy With A Chance of Rain

The clouds are really beautiful outside my window at the office. I'm on the ninth story looking out over mountains and a very large building with a parking lot, but at least half my view is mountains and large beautiful clouds.

I used to take pictures of sunsets. A lot of pictures of sunsets. I used to drive to the beach on purpose to take pictures of sunsets. I never got it right. I liked them and all, but I never got that great picture that I was shooting for. And it always made me mad to have a power line in a picture of nature. I was upset that I could never find unspoiled nature (like on tv--then I wised up and realized that on tv, they just erase the stuff that spoils the picture).

The shadows of the clouds on the mountains is just lovely, but I could never take a picture of it and do it justice. Sometimes you just have to live in the moment and understand that all you will take is the memory of the impression that it made.

The sky behind the clouds is really blue--that deep blue that surprises you. I saw a car that color blue this morning and thought--how come when ever I go to buy a car, they never offer it in that color blue. I mean, I'm lucky my car is grey. It was the only grey one. All the rest were white and black--both awful colors on a car (no offense to people with black or white cars--just my opinion for myself).

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep..."

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home