Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, August 20, 2010

Clean Garage

Remember a long, long time ago, I wrote a blog about cleaning out my garage as my Christmas present to myself. That was a lovely Christmas present to myself. This is much better.

I needed to hire Jose to come and move some furniture to get Megan's room ready for her. It seemed like such a waste to make him hire a guy for the day just to move a few pieces of furniture, so I looked around to see what else I could ask him to do. We have a lot of old furniture and stuff in the back yard and on the back porch--I mean we really do resemble what I think of as hillbillys. The only thing we are missing is an old car on the front lawn, but I think Glendale would kick us out for that. Anyway, I asked Jose to get rid of all the broken down stuff cloging up the back yard. While walking through the back yard, I saw a very large branch from the tree had fallen over, so I said, can you clean that up? Oh sure, Jose says, smiling. Then we walk through the garage and I pulled out a box that had old tents and tarps from my camping days--a hot mess as Miss Nicey would say. "That's garbage," I said. "Can you take care of that and maybe store the boxes a little better--Clean the place up a little?" "Oh sure," says Jose smiling.

So I left for a little while and when I came back, all the furniture in the house that I wanted moved, was moved. And Jose had even swept as he went, so it looked better than before. Jose was already started on the back yard and the green trash can was full of branches and trimmings. His guy was up on a ladder doing more trimming. I got them some lunch and hung around to eat my lunch. I'm sure I wasn't home for more than an hour. When I went out to say good-bye, I noticed Jose in the garage--SWEEPING. He was really truly cleaning the garage. My heart began to race--oh my, I'm going to have a clean garage again. And I didn't have to clean it myself. This is the best Christmas ever!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home