Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, December 21, 2009

Up in the air

That was a really good movie, but I have no idea why. It was not heartwarming or endearing. No obvious happy ending. Hard fought victories were acheived, but no longer wanted. It was a really good movie. I liked everyone in the movie. I guess that is part of the appeal. They had terrible jobs to do, but they did their best and they did those jobs thoughtfully. I loved all the tips about traveling--so true. The irony throughout the movie showed so well on George Clooney--so cute. The title works on many levels and after the credits were running for a little while a voice comes on and says something to the effect, hey, I've been out of work for a while, so I wrote this song to describe what it's like, hope you can use it. The song is Up In The Air to describe the strange limbo of being out of work. But to me the connotation of being up in the air is like being on a trampoline--the exhileration of being up in the air. It was never any fun getting off the trampoline and being back on the ground. Necessary and safer feeling, but you always missed that tiny bit of being up in the air--defying gravity.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home