Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Plan Comes Together

Every once in a while there is a blank day on my calender.  It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I want to savor it.  So yesterday, the day after Easter was such a day.  No appointments, no deadlines--just a blank day on the calender.  I couldn't just take the day off, because the next day was very full (today) and well, I'm a girl scout--be prepared is my motto.

So I took stock at the beginning of the day to see what I needed to do to be prepared.  The list got longer and longer as the morning progressed and suddenly I had a lot to do.  Then I got a frantic phone call and had lots more to do.  Then I got another phone call and something from two weeks ago reared up and now I had even more to do.  So I juggled and thought--this is ok.  Then I got another frantic message--emergency project due now.  As I took a deep breath trying to keep everything in my head, I realized that this was the busiest I had been in a really long time--the perfect storm if you will.  Something was going to have to give--I hurriedly finished the first preparation needed and then focused on one emergency after another.  At five p.m. the phone stopped ringing and there was nothing more to do for that day.  Now I had to wait for today.  It was a long night.  Waiting.  Would my preparation be enough.  Would I win.

So I was in court this morning and after waiting a very long time for my case to be heard, I won.  Another matter that I had to hand off to another attorney was also this morning and we won that one too.  I'd really like to rest on my laurels--I'm not fond of being so desparately busy--so I'm going to take a nice long lunch break and then get back to work.  Oh but I do love when a plan comes together.  I won, I won, I won.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home