Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Well except that Roddick and Serena are already out of the French.  Yes, it is tennis season.  I saw Sharapova play Li in Rome last week (from my sofa watching the tennis channel repeat the darn match about 12 times)--she looks good.  I was listening on the radio to Serena's match today.  Razzano is no spring chicken, but she had some composure out there.  Serena beat off about 8 match points and finally lost it in the third.  Razzano had her at 5 games, love and Serena broke back to bring the third set to 5, 3, but finally Razzano closed it out.  Very sad.  The commentator said that this was the first time ever that Serena was out in the first round.

All the other name players are through (although it took Tsonga four sets to win his first round match--what's that about) and Mahut beat Roddick--what's the world coming to.  Mahut is the guy that went three days before losing to Isner a couple years ago at Wimbledon.  His only claim to fame.

This year, after the French and Wimbledon, it is the Olympics and then the US Open.  The last Olympics I did not get to see any tennis at all.  Hopefully, having the tennis channel and direct tv with several screens dedicated to sporting events, I'll get to see something this year.  A gold medal for Nadal would be terrific.  A gold medal for Serena or Venus, a little more far fetched, but still a girl can dream.

3 Comments:

  • At May 30, 2012 at 6:57 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I just saw this go by in my FB newsfeed "Wtg French, just when you think they couldn't get any lower class, watch the Serena Williams match. Classless.....and I'd be the last one to defend Serena, but that crowd was horrible."

    Since I can't be bothered to look it up, I will wait for you to explain.

     
  • At May 30, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    I didn't see the match (though I might have it on tape), I listened to it on the radio. But last year there was also some flack about the crowds not liking Serena, which is odd, because she loves Paris and even has an apartment there.

     
  • At May 31, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    Wow what a match. The fans were fine as far as I could tell from the coverage--they wanted the unseeded French underdog and they got her. Great match.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home