Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, November 28, 2011

Teaser

My three favorite authors had books come out within the past couple of weeks.  I read the first one the first day it came out (in hardback prices on my ipad)--straight through.  The second was a large paperback version (higher price, but still on the ipad) and I held out three whole days before I read it in two.  The last, I held out for about five days and read it in one day (spilling over to this morning).  At the end of the book there was a teaser for this author's next book.  Not until June.  June!  It is not even Christmas and my three favorite authors are not only done for the year, but might not have another book out until June.  Actually, now that I think about it, the teaser for the second author was April--but that's next year--months and months away.

Kindle gives little blurbs about the books online, so I went back to old books by an author I like, but hadn't followed since the beginning of her career hoping to find a gem.  The book only had two stars (out of five, so not encouraging), but I was a little desperate for something to read, so I got it.  It turns out the blurb was not very descriptive, because I had read it before (must have been on my ireader on my iphone, because those got erased when I went to Borders and tried to sign onto their internet--it is all a grand conspiracy).  Anyhoo, this experience is making me more cautious about getting older books. 

It is inconceivable to me that there are millions and millions of books and that I can't find anything to read.  On the other hand, I'm semi addicted to books and reading and I would do nothing all day long but read if I had books I wanted to read to read, so purhaps in the larger sceme of things it is all for the best. 

April, April, April and then June, June, June.  Oye.  It is a good thing the card game spite and malice is endless.  [Of course, my ipad went dark on me again for about five minutes yesterday (in the middle of book number 3--imagine the horror), but it did come back on.  I might be a little too obsessed.]

2 Comments:

  • At November 28, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't understand....paperback and hardback....on the iPad. When I get them for the kindle there is no paper involved. Sometimes the kindle (Also nook etc) price is higher and that I will never understand.

     
  • At November 28, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    We use the terms we are familiar with--it is demand, not format that sets the price.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home