Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, December 21, 2006

I'm Ready

When you call ready for trial, that triggers legal stuff. You can no longer dismiss the case without the permission of the other side. One time I called ready for trial, but the judge didn't have time to start us that day. The Judge was kind enough to telegraph to me (and to the entire courtroom) that my client was going to lose. I went ahead and dismissed. The other attorney wrote me a mean letter, but he didn't do anything about it. Whew.

So tomorrow morning I have a simple trial. I'm ready. I have all my exhibits. I have my witnesses lined up. I have all my arguments. Nothing can go wrong. I just hope that if the judge is going to rule against me that she gives me a clue before I call ready for trial.

2 Comments:

  • At December 22, 2006 at 5:35 AM, Blogger paulette said…

    I didn't know that. Its kind of neat though. Like a Motion in Parliamentary Procedure. Once a Motion is made and seconded it belongs to the assembly and can no longer be withdrawn by the maker without a vote of the assembly.

     
  • At December 22, 2006 at 9:17 PM, Blogger marty said…

    Soooo....

    ...."Are you ready for some football."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home